DSA Grading Permit


A grading permit is required for the excavation or fill of soil or similar material and grubbing of vegetation.

How to Apply

You must have a MAPPS Customer Self Service account in order to apply online. Complete the information in all the steps in MAPPS CSS then upload the required documents and plans related to your application. To avoid delays in processing your application, please follow these guidelines:

  • The Permit Description should be the owner’s name (last name, first name) or the name of the business.
  • Add any contacts that should be associated to the case.
  • Attach all required forms and any other documents/plans that are relevant to the review of your application.

Go online to MAPPS CSS to apply for:

Permits for Fire lines may require a separate Fire Permit. Please refer to Fire Prevention Bureau for more information.



The grading permit varies depending on the scope of the project. Filing fees for grading start at $60 and for grubbing $100. Applicant will be notified when payment is due.